The Hanover ConnectEast Ride for Home on EastLink is being professionally managed by Right Angle Events on behalf of Hanover Welfare Services and ConnectEast. Safety is our priority.
The event team works closely with Victorian Police, Vic Roads, local government and emergency authorities to ensure a safe and enjoyable event for all participants.
Key aspects of event organisation for the Hanover ConnectEast Ride for Home:
- Both sides of the EastLink carriageway are being utilised to ensure rider safety and eliminate the possibility of a cross flow of cyclists
- The event rider categories are specifically designed to separate riders of different abilities and speeds – ensuring rider safety at all times
- The start line for all events will be controlled to release riders in small, safe groups
- Entry numbers are capped at safe levels for all ride categories
- Entry to the ride course is for registered event participants only. Police, marshals and security will be present at all entry points to the course to prevent unauthorised access
- Complete road closures will be in place along the entire length of EastLink
- Cyclists must stick to the left-hand and centre lanes of EastLink – the right hand lane and both emergency lanes are out of bounds for the event
For further information on Right Angle Events and their experience managing similar
cycling events please click here